We had a great turnout for our BRONZEVILLE, LITTLE TOKYO program at the 2017 LA Asian Pacific Film Festival. MEMORY BANK (projection map installation) and BRONZE, BRASS, JAZZ (VR piece) were hits at the Festival! We’re happy to finally share BRONZE, BRASS, JAZZ with you to view at home and for you to share with your family & friends. Here’s how you can watch BRONZE, BRASS, JAZZ on your mobile phone.
- Download the the YouTube app to your mobile phone.
- If you already have the app on your phone, please make sure that it is updated and that you have the current version of the app.
- Connect your headphones to your mobile phone. Prepare to view.
- If you have a cardboard viewing box/headset, make sure your mobile device is already inside.
- A viewing box/headset is not necessary. If you don’t have one, prepare to watch the movie while holding the phone with your hands. Please hold it horizontally, as if you’re shooting a video with your phone.
- While on your mobile device, click on the YouTube link; it should automatically open within the Youtube App.
- While viewing, we encourage you to look up/down/right/left, by moving your device in those directions. This will give you the 360º experience of the piece.
BRONZE, BRASS, JAZZ
World premiere at the 2017 LA Asian Pacific Film Festival, presented by Visual Communications.
This 3-minute VR piece is inspired by late night jam sessions at breakfast clubs, and fabled stories about jazz great Charlie Parker, from his memorable stay at the Civic Hotel (1st and San Pedro) to a brief residency at the Finale Club (230 1/2 East First Street).
BRONZE, BRASS, JAZZ Collaborators:
Co-Directors: Javier Barboza of Kaleidoscope Media Studio & Maya Santos of Form follows Function; VR Director: Adriana Copete; Editor: Reggie Ford; Assistant Animator: Meejin Hong; 3D Modeler: Eric Pato; Sound Designer: Eric Pepper; Co-Producers: Javier Barboza, Eseel Borlasa, Joel Quizon; Original Score: Dexter Story Music Publishing; VR Tech Consultant: Vicki Huang. Executive Producers: Visual Communications, Eseel Borlasa.