Are you interested in the arts? Do you want to be part of a community with over 46 years of history? Then apply for a Fall 2017 internship with us at Visual Communications, one of the nation’s oldest media arts non-profits for and about Asian American and Pacific Islander filmmakers!
Upon completion, you will gain a better understanding of VC’s programs and offerings, as well as the field of arts non-profits in general. You will also be granted a VC membership, which includes tickets to the 2018 Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival!
TERM: Approx. Mid-October to Mid-January 2018; extensions possible
TIME COMMITMENT: 5 to 8 hours per week for a minimum of 8 weeks
COMPENSATION: VC Membership plus additional Membership and/or Festival benefits, commensurate with hours worked; Transportation stipend and/or school credit available
APPLICATION DUE: October 6 2017
Internships are offered in the following areas of focus:
- Development (membership cultivation, strategic partnerships, grants, etc.)
- Communications (marketing, social media, strategic research, etc.)
- Media archive and special exhibitions (planning and preparation of archival and other research materials)
- Film Festival planning and administration
Internships will be designed around your availability, interests, skills and career goals.
You must demonstrate an eagerness to learn, an independent work ethic, and a penchant for problem-solving. Prior experience in arts non-profits or film festivals are not required, but desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail; strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and in a fast-paced, deadline driven, changing environment
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with staff
- Proficiency with Macintosh-based programs, Microsoft Office, Google Drive/Docs/Sheets, and social media
- Ability to work with (and learn from) diverse ethnic communities and individual personalities
Please send a CV/resume and cover letter indicating your areas of interest to: Francis Cullado, Executive Director, VISUAL COMMUNICATIONS via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.